Wednesday, July 22, 2009

My wife's @ 23 weeks!

Our little girl (and yes it's a GIRL!) is growing phenomenally. I'm so excited about our child's progress, and Praise God for the blessing of a child! Many do not even experience the blessings of children, and others take them for granted. Thank you God that you have opened my eyes to your word!

So there were a lot of exclamation points in that last paragraph, but I hope you could tell I am excited. Rachel and I have been moving this past week and are continuing the move throughout this week by patching holes in the old apt and painting over the same holes. I also have to repair the door frame that I dismantled and shim out the door again so that it opens and closes.

As my friend Ryan Sullivan said the other day, with enthusiasm, "It is abundantly about Jesus!" I have dwelt on this phrase and I want it to be my lifelong thought and cry. There is nothing that should separate those that are in Christ because just the thought that Christ has died for my sin as well as your sin should give us so much joy and peace and enthusiasm. If we could only learn to dwell in that thought, we would all be better Christians.

I am closing up some projects at work which have been fun to work on, but I am looking forward to my new life in Jackson. I talked with a friend of mine about one day going into business together (a design-build partnership), and he was enthusiastic about it. If the Lord wills it (James 4:15), I would love to do this one day (probably not to soon, but in a few years). I spoke with a very wise man last night about nothing in particular, but one thing that he said stuck out to me. We should work and if God's blesses our work, then we should know that God has blessed our work (we do have to remember if your work compromises the commandments of God and any convictions you have from the Holy spirit, then God has not blessed your work even if you prosper in wealth). I guess I am just starting to understand how God views our work and what we do to provide for our families.

Things I'm praying for (and you can to!):
  • Piper Ruth Purser
  • Rachel's health and preparation for Labor
  • That the Lord would give me a spirit to exercise and get in shape
  • That I might be able to speak the truth of the word to people in my Class in Architecture School
Remember that Christ has died for your sins before you even knew what was sin! He has walked this earth, died on this earth, and rose on this earth. And if you believe on Christ, that he has died for your sins, then He will Justify you at the end of your life before God Almighty (Yahweh). He is faithful, and there is no deceit in his mouth (2 Timothy 2:13; 1 Peter 2:22), so you can trust that he will fulfill his promise!

3 comments:

  1. Praise God that it is abundantly about HIM!
    I too, am looking forward to a year of change with you by my side!
    i love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s im 24 weeks tomorrow...16 to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you all-Paul, Rachel, and Baby Piper!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete