Thursday, July 2, 2009

It's the 2nd of July, and Mississippi is the 5th most obese state for five years running! So hot outside, and yet so cold in my office... I'm ready for the weekend and spending a long and relaxing day with my wife tomorrow! We're gonna lunch-n-bowl and hopefully go swimming.

Pryor-Morrow Architects just came together in fine form. We had bbq, provided by P&M, and everyone else brought food (kinda like pot-luck). I made some potato salad for the event. The recipe came from my kitchen cabinet, meaning whatever spices I had in there, they went into the side dish! It actually turned out really good. One of the older women brought some key lime cheese cake with fruit on top. It was amazing! I'm so stuffed I think I might take a nap right at my computer.

Things I'm planning on doing in the next week:
  • finish a picture book that I started, finished, deleted off my computer, and am re-doing now
  • tend to garden outside and hopefully see some cantaloupe come up that I just planted
  • get a tan
  • share the word with my friends
  • go see my peeps @ tibee
  • have a few good runs with my pups
  • play lots of guitar, i miss it!
  • pray for several friends who are struggling with some things right now
I hope I will always take time to stop, throwing away my list and reinventing it to follow what Christ would have of me: feed the poor, shelter the homeless, visit the sick, teach those younger, pray for those in need, etc.

Deuteronomy 17:19-20:
And it shall be with him, and he shall read therein all the days of his life: that he may learn to fear the LORD his God, to keep all the words of this law and these statutes, to do them: That his heart be not lifted up above his brethren, and that he turn not aside from the commandment, [to] the right hand, or [to] the left: to the end that he may prolong [his] days in his kingdom, he, and his children, in the midst of Israel.

This reminds me also that I need to be in word (remembering 2 timothy 3:16).

I hope you all have a good fourth of July!

No comments:

Post a Comment