Sunday, July 5, 2009

The Gospel preached on nothing else!

I have been intrigued. Creationism... where does evolution leave us when it comes to the word? I have watched some videos by Kent Hovind on creationism, and what I have taken from them is that we should question what we are being taught. 1 John 2:27 says, "But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him."

I believe that this means that we have no need to believe what we are taught, but we are to "test the spirits" as it is said in 1 John 4:1. I have found evolution wanting. I may read more on it, but I have found holes in many arguments put out by evolutionist as well as creationist.

But there is one truth that I have seen in the word through all this:
1 Corinthians 1:17-19
For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect. For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.

My concern should not be what some other person believes by there own logic, but it should be by who they submit there selves to. Are they following themselves? Are they following other people who have come out with some 'new way' of believing? Or do they choose to follow that which has been understood throughout time? What is there God? Most people's God today is themselves. But how can a finite human being be God? How could we even begin to think that our logic, accumulated over the last 50+- years could withstand the test of time? It is pride that tells us to believe in our own logic, and it is foolishness to believe in new logic? My case for Christ comes with the fact that Christianity has survived for 2000+- years. Why would some backwoods religion began in Galilee make it to today?

I have a strong pull towards those in Jackson now that I moving there. I hope that I might impact the lives around me for the glory of God, the God of the scripture, the God of the last 6000 years.

Matthew 28:19-20
Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, [even] unto the end of the world. Amen.

Having met a couple of guys today, and not sharing the gospel with them, has been bugging me. I pray to be my open with Christ in the future.

Change my heart Oh God!

I look forward to sleeping next to my wife tonight as well. Thank you God for a woman who does follow you!

2 comments:

  1. i've had that same tugging on my heart, that I didn't share one thing kingdom minded with them.

    thanks for putting these thoughts down... I enjoy reading.

    may we continue in this life for Christ alone..

    i love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its Inexplicable

    "Even after generations of people had spit in his face, he still loved them. After a nation of chosen ones had stripped him naked and ripped his incarnated flesh, he still died for them. It doesn't have a drop of logic nor a thread of rationality.
    And even today, after billions have chosen to prostitute themselves before the pimps of power, fame, and wealth, he still waits for them.
    It is inexpicable.
    And yet, it is that very irrationality that gives the gospel its greatest defense. For only God could love like that...
    How absurd to think that such nobility would go to such poverty to share such a treasure with such thankless souls.
    But he did."
    -God Came Near

    ReplyDelete