Thursday, August 6, 2009

Livin, Lovin, Laughin

Praise the Lord for giving us the Holy spirit through Christ that we may be able to be conformed to the image of Christ (Rom 8:29) who is the exact representation of God (Heb 1:3). It is only by his word that we may be sustained (Heb 1:3). In Psalm 51:11, David mentions that he does not want the Holy spirit to depart from him, so apparently certain people had the spirit of God before Christ came, but Praise God that now we are all able to take part in the spirit of God!

We have lived on the Farm for just two weeks now, picking cucumbers and building decks. I really enjoy living within a community of believers, sharing all things just as in Acts 2. We must all, in the body of Christ, consider how to encourage each other to love and good deeds (Heb 10:24), but we should also remember that we are called to spread the gospel, creating disciples as we are going (Matt 28:19-20). I look forward to being given the opportunity to be hospitable to my family and those I am in school with (Titus 1:8), not forgetting that the Gospel of Christ is for all (Gal 3:8), so I should be hospitable to all and not just these that I have mentioned!

I am very much still looking forward to the blessing of my daughter, Piper Ruth. I pray that God would save her soul, and not harden it like pharaoh's. I know that if I bring her up the way of the Lord, she will not depart from it (Proverbs 22:6). I can rest in Lord with that promise. She has been kicking Rachel so much lately, I think she's going to break out even before it's her time! However she arrives into our midst, I will have the Holy Spirit as my guide to love her and raise her.

I am praying for:
  • Healthy Piper
  • Teaching from the Holy Spirit
  • People, my friend Rob may be able to relate to better than those that are already with him
  • Opportunities to show hospitality
  • Work that I might be able to provide for my family

The Joy of Children!


1 comment:

  1. he's getting sooo big! you're going to be an awesome dad paul!

    ReplyDelete