Monday, June 29, 2009

LEED AP, hospitality, and life...

So... I passed a very hard test this last week, that now qualifies me to design "green" architecture. Feel any different? no... but I got some letters behind my name now, and I'm a professional in something. Getting hired by a firm should be easier as well, now that I am LEED AP. I still have the feeling that it counts for nothing in eternity. When I die and am resurrected with Christ, I am pretty sure that being LEED AP will not count for much. So if you are reading this, know that knowing God is what counts in this life. Everything else pails in comparison. Knowing who God is and what he requires of us is all that matters.

It's a good thing that Christ has died for us then because otherwise we would have to use our lives to meet God's requirements. The God of the bible is a holy God, a righteous God, who hates sin. How are we to be reconciled to him then if we have sinned. No one has lived a perfect besides God himself. Consider: have you stolen? have you lied? have you thought sexual thoughts towards someone other than your spouse (this goes for singles too)? have you hated your brother in your mind (remember that 'brother' is anyone you come in contact with)? Just doing one of these once cancels your contract with God. In other words you fail his requirements.

Thank Christ that he has come and died in our place. Where death was required, God's son died for us, so that there is no condmenation for us. It's amazing Grace! Amazing love! the GREAT exchange! the substitutionary sacrifice! and why would I not worship this God? especially, when he has claimed to be the only God.

I find that being LEED AP is good for me in the fact that I may provide for my family. I also think that putting myself in these positions allows me to plant seeds in places that may never see the sight of Christ.

Rachel and I have seen in the word that we should practice hospitality to anyone, understanding that to practice an activity includes thinking and doing. So we are thinking of ways that we may be hospitable to others, while at the same time being sure to put this into action.

I am looking forward to november, and the birth of my first born child (and yes that is the same 'child' that is used in proverbs, exodus, and matthew). I cannot explain the joy that fills me already. Only parents could know this feeling. I see how God has blessed me with this Joy already, even before my child is able to be held by me!

listening to right now: Brandon Heath
favorite band right now: LeCrae
favorite color: orange
verses I read this morning: Luke chapters 6 & 7
memorization verses right now: deut 17:19 1 John 2:28 Heb 13:22 2 Tim 3:16
project working on right now: condominiums on Jarnigan St in Starkville
looking forward to: bible study on wed, being off friday (& midwife visit), biking with my dogs
hoping: that I get some quality time with my wife tonight
most enjoyed in the past little bit: reading Ruth with Rachel

just thought I'd clue ya'll in ony life! Have a great day!!

3 comments: