Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Starting School

So... I just started school yesterday, again... I'm really excited about finishing this year! I have to keep reminding myself to fix my hope completely on the grace of Christ (1 Peter 1:13) to keep myself grounded and in the present. It keeps me grounded by making me realize, from 1 John 2:28, that I do not want to be in shame when my savior returns. It's going to be a busy year, but the Lord is my strength and in his word I will rest!

I'm praying for:
  • my family
  • Piper Ruth
  • Myself, that I may speak boldly and truthfully


Matthew 24:42-51
42"Therefore (BC)be on the alert, for you do not know which day your Lord is coming.

43"But be sure of this, that (BD)if the head of the house had known (BE)at what time of the night the thief was coming, he would have been on the alert and would not have allowed his house to be broken into.

44"For this reason (BF)you also must be ready; for (BG)the Son of Man is coming at an hour when you do not think He will.

45"(BH)Who then is the (BI)faithful and (BJ)sensible slave whom his master (BK)put in charge of his household to give them their food at the proper time?

46"Blessed is that slave whom his master finds so doing when he comes.

47"Truly I say to you that (BL)he will put him in charge of all his possessions.

48"But if that evil slave says in his heart, 'My master is not coming for a long time,'

49and begins to beat his fellow slaves and eat and drink with drunkards;

50the master of that slave will come on a day when he does not expect him and at an hour which he does not know,

51and will cut him in pieces and assign him a place with the hypocrites; in that place there will be (BM)weeping and gnashing of teeth.

No comments:

Post a Comment