Monday, August 31, 2009

Christ offers peace...

I have been working hard at school and have been involved in two group projects. Through talking with my group mates, I find myself searching for words to say that might bring them to Christ. They both have very hard outlooks on life, lacking Christ first but also missing out on the peace of Christ through faith. I wish I knew something to say. Proverbs 1:5 says "A wise man will hear and increase in learning, And a man of understanding will acquire wise counsel." I will ask the church what to say that might bring them to the Lord. The only way I can learn better how to speak Christ to someone is to read his word. So I will be sure to continue to Abide in my Lord, also.

I pray that I might speak my mind more often to my wife.

3 comments:

  1. Hey pumpkin.
    Do you agree that only the Holy Spirit can bring any of us to Him? And that He calls them(us) to Him on His time? If so, then all you can do is be the vessel through which Christ can connect with people. That being said, our goal is to stay in His Word and let Him work through us.
    Thoughts, please...
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes!.. Amen to that. I am also meditating on Matthew 28:19-20 and 1 Thessalonians 2:2-4: just about how to share the gospel and make disciples, but I do understand that we are foreknown by God (rom 8:29) and I am not finding my peace in that promise. This peace does not give us reason not to share the Gospel though. James 1:22, "But prove yourselves doers of the word and not merely hearers who deceive themselves."

    ReplyDelete