Wednesday, June 17, 2009

life and Christ

It’s been a good week. I have seen that the grace of Christ is sufficient in my life. I downloaded ReSound’s new album for free! (A Mars Hill Band) The album comprises mostly of hymns done in my generation’s fashion. Rachel and I listened to them last night while I studied for the LEED exam. AGHHHHH! I am taking the exam in a week’s time and have only studied, thoroughly one section of six in the past two nights.

I bought an audio guide to the reference manual for this test in hopes that it might sink in subliminally.


I have seen in God’s word today that Christ has died for our sins and has bore them on the cross. Isaiah 53:5 says that God was pierced through our transgression, crushed for our sins; the chastening for well-being fell upon him, and by his wounds we are healed. We are studying Romans 8 in bible study over the summer, and we are on verses 9-11 which tell more of the story of Christ’s sacrifice: (my paraphrase) If you are a believer in Christ, then you do not focus on your desires, but you focus on God’s. You who belong to Christ must have the spirit of Christ. You are to be free from sin (not from sinning) and focused on God’s will. If your focus is on the spirit of God, you will be given life. What good news!


This goes back to Matthew 5:48, “therefore, be perfect as your father in heaven is perfect.” Of course we are imperfect beings, but we are Justifide by Christ!, for those who believe on him. I imagine us before the throne of God, at our time of judgement, but instead of our sins, all God sees is his son, Christ, the spotless and blameless lamb of our atonement!


Man I get all fired up talking about this!.. but I digress I am on Lunch break, writing and my break is coming to an end. I’ll finish with a little image of something Roger Pryor & I design, that’s being constructed later this month:

But just like everything else in life, this too shall pass. All of Man's glories will deteriorate and fall! Come to Christ who is unfailing and eternal!

No comments:

Post a Comment